Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that has no smell or taste. Breathing it in can make you unwell, and it can kill if you’re exposed to high enough levels. Every year there are around 60 deaths from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in England and Wales. Please test your carbon monoxide detectors before each trip and also check they are in date and with good batteries. Whilst you are at it, also test your smoke detector and check your fire extinguisher is in date. More information on Carbon Monoxide can be found here.